Improve profitability and offer customers better prices by reducing your fulfillment costs
Easily automate order picking, consolidation and dispatch using our AI-powered warehouse robots
Why e-Grocers need automation
Common challenges for e-grocers
- Lack of profitability in online sales High picking and last mile costs hurt profitability
- Demanding customers Demands for faster delivery, added convenience and more delivery slots during peak hours
- Complex supply chain High volumes and multiple picking zones increase operational complexity
- Expensive labor High cost of warehouse labor limits growth and profitability
- Picking errors High error rates reduce customer satisfaction
How Brightpick helps
- Minimizes labor requirements
- Cuts picking and fulfillment costs
- Eliminates human picking errors
- Speeds up order picking
- Enables warehouses to grow volumes without adding footprint
- Increases customer and employee satisfaction
of grocers rate “Improve picking efficiency” as their #1 profitability lever
How it works:
Knuspr buffers and dispatches orders using Brightpick robots
Knuspr is one of Germany’s fastest-growing e-grocers.
The company has large average order sizes consisting of dozens of items per order. Its Munich fulfillment center holds more than 12,000 SKUs and has multiple picking zones to accommodate different types of products.
Knuspr was looking for a flexible robotic solution to automate the post-pick order buffer, consolidation and dispatch process.
Brightpick provided a flexible solution that enabled KNUSPR to:
- Dispatch 20% more orders during peak hours
- Reduce labor for order consolidation and buffer to zero
- Extend warehouse operations to 18 hours per day
- Eliminate human errors from the dispatch process
We needed automation to make our operation more efficient, stable and scalable. We selected Brightpick because of the fast design and installation time, stable and high-performing product and robot-as-a-service pricing model.
Ales MaluchaChief Automation Officer at Rohlik Group
How will Brightpick
make my job easier?
- Achieve profitability in your e-grocery business by reducing picking and fulfillment costs
- Improve customer satisfaction by delivering orders faster and offering more slots during peak hours
- Protect brand reputation by eliminating human error
- Reduce business risk and flex with the market by easily scaling volumes without heavy upfront investment
Director of Operations
- Improve KPIs and reduce performance variability in your operations
- Reduce operating costs by optimizing labor spend, increasing productivity, and eliminating human errors
- Deploy automation in weeks without disrupting ongoing operations
Supply Chain Manager
- Smooth out intraday peaks by picking and buffering orders in advance
- Get work done faster with fewer human touches, higher accuracy, and increased throughput
- Increase volumes without having to grow your workforce
- Improve employee morale by simplifying the workload and upskilling your associates
- Quickly deploy automation that can be installed and operational in weeks
- Easily integrate the automation with your existing WMS or ERP
- Modular, scalable, flexible design enables you to deploy in various-sized warehouses, single or multi-levels, greenfields and brownfields
- Improve customer experience by always delivering your orders accurately and on time
- Offer customers more delivery slots during peak hours by increasing capacity
- Say goodbye to long walks by letting Brightpick Autopickers pick the items for you
- Accelerate your career by working directly with innovative technology
- Go home on time knowing the work is complete with the help of Brightpick Autopickers
Return on investment
from day 1
Eliminate upfront capital investment with robots-as-a-service (RaaS). With RaaS, a simple monthly fee covers the entire Brightpick solution, including installation, hardware, software and maintenance. You can even temporarily rent additional robots to increase throughput for peak season.
We manage everything so you can focus on what matters most: serving your customers.Learn more
Immediately cut operating costs and achieve positive ROI on day 1.
Install automation without incurring any capital expenses.
Expand your warehouse capacity on demand by simply adding more robots and shelving.
Temporarily rent additional robots to increase throughput for peak season
Guaranteed throughput and performance.
24/7/365 support, always with the latest features and software.
Do Brightpick robots work in chilled and frozen environments?
Our robots work in chilled and refrigerated environments, provided it is a constant environment (constant humidity and temperature). They are not suitable for frozen environments.
How long does Brightpick take to install?
On-site installation typically takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the installation (larger installations can also be done in phases to avoid disrupting ongoing operations). We aim to complete all software integration with your WMS or ERP before we begin on-site installation.
Who does the installation?
Brightpick has a dedicated team that does all on-site installations for our customers. We do not outsource installation to third parties.
Does my warehouse need to meet any requirements to install Brightpick?
Brightpick can be installed in almost any warehouse, including existing facilities, mezzanines and areas with limited clear height. Our solution does not have any special flooring, fencing or fire safety requirements. Typically a warehouse needs to be doing at least 5000 picks per day for the solution to deliver an attractive ROI.
How much does Brightpick cost?
Each solution is designed to your specific needs and throughput requirements. We do not sell single robots, so pricing will depend on your specifications. You can reach out to our customer success team here to discuss your specifications and receive pricing.
Can we use our existing warehouse shelving?
Our robots can use your existing shelving as long as it is suitable for totes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving previously used for manual picking. However, depending on your requirements, it may still be beneficial to get new shelving to maximize storage density and system performance.
Can Brightpick robots be installed in existing mezzanines?
Yes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving.
Do Brightpick robots need to be fenced off for safety?
No, our solution does not require fencing. Technicians and employees can enter the system at any time and safely walk around the robots.
Can we use our existing WMS or ERP software with Brightpick?
Yes. Brightpick uses standard interfaces (APIs) for communication between Brightpick Intuition software and your WMS or ERP (picking, goods in, order data etc.)
What's the maximum weight per pick?
Brightpick Autopicker can robotically pick items weighing up to 5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg. Any items heavier than that will automatically be sent to a Goods-to-Person station for picking.
What's the maximum weight per tote?
55 lbs / 25 kg per tote.
Can you store multiple SKUs in one tote?
Yes. We can split storage totes into a maximum of 8 smaller sub-sections.
Can Brightpick Autopicker pick multiple orders simultaneously?
Yes. We can split our order tote into two sections and pick two orders simultaneously. Our robots can also batch pick multiple orders into the same order tote.
How can I install Brightpick?
You can reach out to our automation experts via the contact form on our website.