Improve profitability and offer customers better prices by reducing your fulfillment costs
Easily automate order picking, consolidation and dispatch using our AI-powered warehouse robots
Why e-Grocers need automation
Common challenges for e-grocers
- Lack of profitability in online sales High picking and last mile costs hurt profitability
- Demanding customers Demands for faster delivery, added convenience and more delivery slots during peak hours
- Complex supply chain High volumes and multiple picking zones increase operational complexity
- Expensive labor High cost of warehouse labor limits growth and profitability
- High error rates Picking errors reduce customer satisfaction
How Brightpick helps
- Minimizes labor requirements
- Cuts picking and fulfillment costs
- Eliminates human picking errors
- Speeds up order picking
- Enables warehouses to grow volumes without adding footprint
- Increases customer and employee satisfaction
of grocers rate “Improve picking efficiency” as their #1 profitability lever
How it works:
Knuspr buffers and dispatches orders using Brightpick robots
Knuspr is one of Germany’s fastest-growing e-grocers.
The company has large average order sizes consisting of dozens of items per order. Its Munich fulfillment center holds more than 12,000 SKUs and has multiple picking zones to accommodate different types of products.
Knuspr was looking for a flexible robotic solution to automate the post-pick order buffer, consolidation and dispatch process.
Brightpick provided a flexible solution that enabled KNUSPR to:
- Dispatch 20% more orders during peak hours
- Reduce labor for order consolidation and buffer to zero
- Extend warehouse operations to 18 hours per day
- Eliminate human errors from the dispatch process
We needed automation to make our operation more efficient, stable and scalable. We selected Brightpick because of the fast design and installation time, stable and high-performing product and robot-as-a-service pricing model.
Ales MaluchaChief Automation Officer at Rohlik Group
How will Brightpick
make my job easier?
- Achieve profitability in your e-grocery business by reducing picking and fulfillment costs
- Improve customer satisfaction by delivering orders faster and offering more slots during peak hours
- Protect brand reputation by eliminating human errors from your operation
- Easily scale volumes without heavy upfront investment
- Reduce business risk and scale gradually with the market
Director of Operations
- Meet and exceed KPIs and reduce performance variability in your operations
- Reduce operating costs by optimizing labor spend, increasing productivity, and eliminating human errors
- Deploy automation in weeks with minimal risk to your ongoing operations
- Strategize, plan, execute with more stability and predictability in your operations
Supply Chain Manager
- Smooth out intraday peaks by picking and buffering orders in advance
- Get work done faster with fewer human touches, higher accuracy, and increased throughput
- Increase capacity without having to grow your workforce
- Easily extend your operating hours to ship more orders each day
- Improve employee morale by simplifying the workload and upskilling your associates
- Improve workplace safety by reducing physical strain and enhancing workplace ergonomics
- Quickly deploy automation that can be installed and operational in weeks
- Easily integrate the automation with your existing WMS or ERP
- Modular, scalable, flexible design enables you to deploy in various-sized warehouses, single or multi-levels, greenfields and brownfields
- Improve customer experience by always delivering your orders accurately and on time
- Offer customers more delivery slots during peak hours by increasing capacity
- Say goodbye to long walks by letting Brightpick Autopickers pick the items for you
- Reduce physical strain with improved workplace ergonomics
- Accelerate your career by working directly with innovative technology
- Go home on time knowing the work is complete with the help of Brightpick Autopickers
Fast payback, immediate results
Our customers achieve ROI in as little as 1-2 years. By reducing labor needs to a minimum and eliminating human errors, you can realize large cost savings and boost your margins. Using our robots, you will speed up your fulfillment, improve customer and employee satisfaction, and reduce risk in your operations.
In some cases, Brightpick robots can be rented via a robots-as-a-service (RaaS) model instead of being purchased outright. Speak to our sales team to see if you qualify for this.Learn more
Improve profitability and offer customers better prices by reducing your fulfillment costs.
Improve customer satisfaction by eliminating human picking errors and increasing inventory accuracy.
Leverage your existing store footprint and easily install Brightpick robots in back-of-store and micro fulfillment centers.
Minimize upfront cost and scale throughput gradually based on your needs.
Fulfill more orders during peak hours by picking and buffering orders in advance.
Achieve 99% uptime and benefit from 24/7/365 remote support.
Do Brightpick robots work in chilled and frozen environments?
Our robots work in chilled and refrigerated environments, provided it is a constant environment (constant humidity and temperature). They are not suitable for frozen environments.
How long does Brightpick take to install?
On-site installation typically takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the installation (larger installations can also be done in phases to avoid disrupting ongoing operations). We aim to complete all software integration with your WMS or ERP before we begin on-site installation.
Who does the installation?
Brightpick has a dedicated team that does all on-site installations for our customers. We do not outsource installation to third parties.
Does my warehouse need to meet any requirements to install Brightpick?
Brightpick can be installed in almost any warehouse, including existing facilities, mezzanines and areas with limited clear height. Our solution does not have any special flooring, fencing or fire safety requirements. Typically a warehouse needs to be doing at least 5000 picks per day for the solution to deliver an attractive ROI.
How much does Brightpick cost?
Each solution is designed to your specific needs and throughput requirements. We do not sell single robots, so pricing will depend on your specifications. You can reach out to our customer success team here to discuss your specifications and receive pricing.
Can we use our existing warehouse shelving?
Our robots can use your existing shelving as long as it is suitable for totes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving previously used for manual picking. However, depending on your requirements, it may still be beneficial to get new shelving to maximize storage density and system performance.
Can Brightpick robots be installed in existing mezzanines?
Yes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving.
Do Brightpick robots need to be fenced off for safety?
No, our solution does not require fencing. Technicians and employees can enter the system at any time and safely walk around the robots.
Can we use our existing WMS or ERP software with Brightpick?
Yes. Brightpick uses standard interfaces (APIs) for communication between Brightpick Intuition software and your WMS or ERP (picking, goods in, order data etc.)
What's the maximum weight per pick?
Brightpick Autopicker can robotically pick items weighing up to 5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg. Any items heavier than that will automatically be sent to a Goods-to-Person station for picking.
What's the maximum weight per tote?
55 lbs / 25 kg per tote.
Can you store multiple SKUs in one tote?
Yes. We can split storage totes into a maximum of 8 smaller sub-sections.
Can Brightpick Autopicker pick multiple orders simultaneously?
Yes. We can split our order tote into two sections and pick two orders simultaneously. Our robots can also batch pick multiple orders into the same order tote.
How can I install Brightpick?
You can reach out to our automation experts via the contact form on our website.