for medical distributors
Enhance order accuracy, reduce labor costs, and effortlessly meet regulatory requirements
Easily automate order picking, consolidation and dispatch using our AI-powered warehouse robots
Why PHARMA and medical distributors need automation
Common challenges for distributors
- Cost inflation Rising costs and poor labor availability hurts profitability and growth
- Increased demand for LUM / piece picking Requires more labor and increases picking errors
- High risks from picking errors Errors in pharmaceutical orders can have life-or-death consequences
- Strict SLAs and short fulfillment windows Short timelines require rapid order fulfillment without compromising on accuracy
- Need for order consolidation Large orders require efficient consolidation and sorting before dispatch
- Strict regulatory requirements Stringent regulations for batch tracking and quality control
How Brightpick helps
- Minimizes labor requirements
- Eliminates human picking error
- Facilitates regulatory compliance and inventory tracking
- Ensures critical orders are always shipped on time
- Speeds up order picking and order fulfillment
- Cuts picking and fulfillment costs
of warehouse operators already use or plan to start using robots within the next 3 years
How it works:
European pharmacy giant Dr.Max automates order picking with Brightpick Autopicker
Dr.Max is the second largest pharmacy chain in Europe with 3,000 pharmacies across 6 countries. The company uses Brightpick Autopicker robots to pick and consolidate orders to regularly replenish pharmacies and hospitals.
The company faced several challenges in its previous order picking and replenishment processes, including high labor intensity, picking errors and limited scalability
Brightpick provided a flexible solution that enabled DR MAX to:
- Reduce labor for picking and putaway by 100%
- Increase throughput by 40% to 7000 picks per day
- Eliminate human picking errors and improve order accuracy
- Enhance scalability to meet future growth needs
Brightpick enabled us to reallocate all our human pickers to quality control instead. We also see that the picking error rate has improved.
Tomas SegetDeputy Director of Logistics at Dr.Max
We work closely with medical distributors to ensure full regulatory compliance
- Our software tracks each SKU and batch independently, and can quickly isolate and recall specific batches (for example if a batch is found to be defective)
- We offer a first-expiry first-out picking strategy, in addition to FIFO or LIFO.
- Our solution doesn’t require any fencing, ensuring all inventory is easily accessible even in emergency scenarios (for example, power failure or natural disasters).
How will Brightpick
make my job easier?
- Maximize shareholder value by increasing margins and operating efficiency
- Protect brand reputation by eliminating human errors from your operation
- Reduce business risk and adhere to all regulations through automation and standardization
- Maximize shareholder value by increasing margins and operating efficiency
- Easily grow your operation without heavy upfront investment
Director of Operations
- Meet and exceed KPIs and reduce performance variability in your operations
- Easily adhere to regulatory requirements with standardized processes and accurate software tracking
- Reduce operating costs by reducing labor, increasing productivity, and eliminating human errors
- Improve performance and picking accuracy so critical orders are always shipped on time and accurately
- Deploy in weeks with minimal risk to your ongoing operations
- Get work done faster with fewer human touches, higher accuracy, and increased throughput
- Manage intraday spikes without risking critical shipment windows
- Improve traceability and batch handling by easily tracking all your products
- Increase capacity without growing your workforce
- Improve workplace safety by reducing physical strain and enhancing workplace ergonomics
- Say goodbye to long walks by letting Brightpick Autopickers pick the items for you
- Reduce physical strain with improved workplace ergonomics
- Accelerate your career by working directly with innovative technology
- Go home on time knowing the work is complete with the help of Brightpick Autopickers
Fast payback, immediate results
Our customers achieve ROI in as little as 1-2 years. By reducing labor needs to a minimum and eliminating human errors, you can realize large cost savings and boost your margins. Using our robots, you will speed up your fulfillment, improve customer and employee satisfaction, and reduce risk in your operations.
In some cases, Brightpick robots can be rented via a robots-as-a-service (RaaS) model instead of being purchased outright. Speak to our sales team to see if you qualify for this.Learn more
Improve profitability and offer customers better prices by reducing your fulfillment costs.
Improve customer satisfaction and reduce cost by eliminating human picking errors.
Store more inventory and fulfill more orders from the same warehouse footprint.
Minimize upfront cost and scale throughput gradually based on your needs.
Speed up order picking and ensure all orders are shipped on time.
Achieve 99% uptime and benefit from 24/7/365 remote support.
Do Brightpick robots work in chilled and frozen environments?
Our robots work in chilled and refrigerated environments, provided it is a constant environment (constant humidity and temperature). They are not suitable for frozen environments.
Can you track specific batches and SKUs?
Yes, our software tracks each SKU and batch independently and can recall specific batches if needed. We also offer customers customizable picking strategies such as first-expiry first-out picking (FEFO).
How does Brightpick address regulatory requirements?
We recognize the stringent regulatory requirements faced by medical distributors and we work closely with our customers to ensure that our solution addresses these. Our software, Brightpick Intuition, is able to isolate any SKU or batch to prevent it being picked (e.g. if it is found to be defective). Our solution doesn’t require any fencing which means that even in emergency scenarios, our customers can easily access all of their inventory. Our AI powered robotic picking completely eliminates human error from the fulfillment process which improves order accuracy and on-time delivery to customers.
How long does Brightpick take to install?
On-site installation typically takes 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the installation (larger installations can also be done in phases to avoid disrupting ongoing operations). We aim to complete all software integration with your WMS or ERP before we begin on-site installation.
Who does the installation?
Brightpick has a dedicated team that does all on-site installations for our customers. We do not outsource installation to third parties.
Does my warehouse need to meet any requirements to install Brightpick?
Brightpick can be installed in almost any warehouse, including existing facilities, mezzanines and areas with limited clear height. Our solution does not have any special flooring, fencing or fire safety requirements. Typically a warehouse needs to be doing at least 5000 picks per day for the solution to deliver an attractive ROI.
How much does Brightpick cost?
Each solution is designed to your specific needs and throughput requirements. We do not sell single robots, so pricing will depend on your specifications. You can reach out to our customer success team here to discuss your specifications and receive pricing.
Can we use our existing warehouse shelving?
Our robots can use your existing shelving as long as it is suitable for totes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving previously used for manual picking. However, depending on your requirements, it may still be beneficial to get new shelving to maximize storage density and system performance.
Can Brightpick robots be installed in existing mezzanines?
Yes. In the past, we installed our robots in shelf-supported mezzanines using existing shelving.
Do Brightpick robots need to be fenced off for safety?
No, our solution does not require fencing. Technicians and employees can enter the system at any time and safely walk around the robots.
Can we use our existing WMS or ERP software with Brightpick?
Yes. Brightpick uses standard interfaces (APIs) for communication between Brightpick Intuition software and your WMS or ERP (picking, goods in, order data etc.)
What's the maximum weight per pick?
Brightpick Autopicker can robotically pick items weighing up to 5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg. Any items heavier than that will automatically be sent to a Goods-to-Person station for picking.
What's the maximum weight per tote?
55 lbs / 25 kg per tote.
Can you store multiple SKUs in one tote?
Yes. We can split storage totes into a maximum of 8 smaller sub-sections.
Can Brightpick Autopicker pick multiple orders simultaneously?
Yes. We can split our order tote into two sections and pick two orders simultaneously. Our robots can also batch pick multiple orders into the same order tote.
Does Brightpick provide quality control?
No, quality control processes are done on customer side.
How can I install Brightpick?
You can reach out to our automation experts via the contact form on our website.