Brightpick is seeking a Head of Support & Maintenance for North American operations of our unique robotic fulfillment solution. This leader will play a critical role in technical support and maintenance strategy and leadership, to include identifying and maintaining third-party relationships for the installation, support, and maintenance of the Brightpick solution in North America. The candidate will drive continuous improvement to the strategy, processes, tools, and performance of the support and maintenance organization, providing installation, break-fix, preventive/predictive maintenance, and customer support services. This is a high-visibility role that reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, Brightpick NA.
- Define, implement, and continuously improve Brightpick’s strategy for installation, support, and maintenance through a combination of 3rd-party providers, and North American + European Brightpick internal resources.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Technology, and Operations teams to continuously improve client outcomes while scaling our capacity for installation, support, and maintenance in order to enable growth; manage customer satisfaction from launch through ongoing operations.
- Partner with clients, operations, and internal technical resources to ensure the most critical issues impacting Brightpick’s clients are properly identified, triaged, assigned, and resolved. Be a master of root cause analysis, retrospectives, and execution of identified countermeasures.
- Ensure our team has effective tools, reporting, and metrics to measure success and drive the customer SLA performance required to support our growth trajectory.
- Manage the day-to-day monitoring of operations and service delivery including customer support, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for all installed Brightpick equipment.
- Develop and manage Support & Maintenance budgets and perform financial analyses to identify the levers that will yield the best combination of cost and client outcomes.
- Establish supplier scorecards and lead regular business reviews with 3rd-party providers to drive ongoing improvements and ensure compliance with contractual commitments.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of training, work instructions, best practices, spare parts management, and preventive/predictive maintenance schedules to ensure consistency with customer needs, company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Continually assess support and maintenance performance levels and take timely action to remove performance barriers and reinforce procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Conduct support operations on a day-to-day basis across Brightpick customer sites to ensure the smooth operations of robots on-site by working hand-in-hand with clients. Own cross-department and client communication pertaining to coordinating and scheduling of software and firmware releases to the installed fleet.
- Interface with our client’s senior leaders, leading regular business reviews reviewing support and maintenance KPIs and performance against established SLAs.
- Collaborate with our solution design and implementation teams to ensure new site designs take supportability and maintainability into consideration.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience in your toolbox:
- Strong organizational leadership, a passion for continuous improvement, and a penchant for tackling ambiguity and replacing it with process rigor and clear agreements.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting; able to take the initiative to define a strategy and work well cross-functionally to deliver it.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing multi-cultural environment by applying problem-solving capabilities to build structure and process in a greenfield scenario. Able to solve problems independently and in customer-facing scenarios; remains calm and clear-headed in critical/high-severity situations.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing third-party resources and software solutions in a support and maintenance environment; drafting, negotiating, and managing service vendor contracts.
- Drives transformational change in mission-critical operations environments, delivering high-reliability systems installed across multiple customer locations and operating 24×7.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; works both independently and collaboratively with others in a remote workforce environment; process and data-driven.
- 5+ years management experience in servicing and supporting complex electro-mechanical equipment and related software at scale, ideally in an e-commerce/fulfillment environment.
- Facility with G-Suite, Jira/Confluence, CMMS and Customer Support/Helpdesk tools desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Travel in NA required, primarily for client or supplier business reviews (estimate 15%); occasional travel to European headquarters in Slovakia. Role is remote; BRIGHTPICK’s North American location is in Erlanger, KY just outside of Cincinnati.